When the theme was announced as Sexuality, I was worried about how I was going to make interacting with someone in a more flirty and sexual way look natural. I'm very connection-based, and I wasn't attracted to any of the other contenders. So I was definitely worried about making sexuality look genuine.
I was extremely happy and excited to have Naya Rivera as the guest mentor this week. I had waited three weeks to meet her! Naya is amazing and Santana is my favorite character on GLEE. Naya is definitely the sexiest person on the show, so we were mentored by the best for Sexuality week!
I'm a daydreamer by nature, so to have to portray a character who is daydreaming about sex wasn't the biggest stretch, but it was definitely still a challenge. I'm not conventionally sexy - I'm more on the quirky side- so to be focusing on portraying overt and "typical" sexuality for the competition was a bit stressful. All in all, I was really proud of my performances this week. I thought it was some of my best so far, so I was incredibly surprised to be in the bottom three.
"Smile" is a beautiful song, but once again, it's really high for my changing voice. I emotionally connected with the song and was happy to at least be given something that I could relate to.
The Glee Project (specifically, the mentors and Ryan) taught me to let go, to relax, and to not be so in my head about everything. They taught me that I don't have to be perfect. I just have to be natural and relatable. I grew immensely as a person and a performer while on The Glee Project and I'm so thankful for the experience. I learned to be more confident in myself in every aspect and to really embrace who I am. No one can be me but me, and I can never be anyone else either, so comparing does no good. I just always need to be the best that I can be, and I am so proud of my journey both in life and on The Glee Project.
I keep in touch with all of the other contenders. We're like a big, weird family. Even when we have disagreements, we ultimately share the bond of The Glee Project experience, and that can't be replicated or replaced by anyone or anything.
Are you Team Tyler? Click here for more of his videos!
- Episode 210: Actability A popular star from Glee gets the group excited while guest judging “Actability” week. Emotions run deep as the contenders perform Pink’s “Perfect” for the music video.
- Where Are They Now: Aylin What has Glee Project Season 2 contender Aylin been up to since the finale? Check out her pics!
- Where Are They Now: Dani What has Dani been up to now since The Glee Project Season 2 finale? Check out her pics here!
- Season 1 Recap Check out the best moments from Season 1 of The Glee Project!
- Where Are They Now: Maxfield What have the contenders been up to since the end of The Glee Project Season 2? Check out Maxfield's pics!