After the first season of The Glee Project, I fell in love with the whole concept and knew I wanted to audition for the second season. This show isn’t about finding the best singer, dancer, or actor. The show is about finding real people with real stories. I wanted to try to be a part of that. I knew, if given the opportunity, I could share my story and experiences with many people and The Glee Project could help me. And who wouldn’t want to be on Glee?!
I’ve wanted to be a performer my whole life. For a long time I did not have the support of my family, but now I think they realize that I am determined to make a career out of being a performer. My experiences throughout my life have set me apart from everyone else in the competition. I have seen a lot and had to grow up very fast. I was pushed into competitive settings my entire life and that will give me the edge in this competition. I know how to be competitive without being in everyone’s face. I will sit back, observe, then go in and do what I do best.
I was not intimidated by the thousands who auditioned. I am a firm believer in everything working for the betterment of yourself, so I just wanted to give the best audition I could give and if they liked me, then that’s great – if not, that’s okay too.
My first audition song was “Before He Cheats,” by Carrie Underwood. I chose this song because I thought it showcased my belting technique while still staying true to the natural genre my voice sings well with. Also, I love Carrie Underwood, so why not sing a song by her? I was fortunate because Robert’s feedback was great! He was extremely positive and I felt great about my audition after leaving the room. Robert is the most amazing and sweet casting director I have ever auditioned for. He made me feel like he truly cared about me.
When Robert told me I was going to be on The Glee Project, I was speechless. I couldn’t believe I was finally given an opportunity to start my career. I will never forget how Robert, Nikki, Zach and Ryan believed in me. I will make them proud.
I hope to inspire others by proving that you can overcome anything life throws at you. No matter how hard you think life may get, continue to breathe and smile. Eventually everything will get better. If people remember only one thing about me being on this show, I hope it is my smile because it took a lot for me to get to a place to smile again.
- Episode 210: Actability A popular star from Glee gets the group excited while guest judging “Actability” week. Emotions run deep as the contenders perform Pink’s “Perfect” for the music video.
- Where Are They Now: Aylin What has Glee Project Season 2 contender Aylin been up to since the finale? Check out her pics!
- Season 1 Recap Check out the best moments from Season 1 of The Glee Project!
- Where Are They Now: Dani What has Dani been up to now since The Glee Project Season 2 finale? Check out her pics here!
- Blake's Journey Congratulations, Blake! Let's follow this Glee Project Season 2 winner from his first days to his final performance!