I was super nervous and scared when I found out that this week’s theme was “Dance-ability” because I broke my knee cap the week before. I wasn’t expecting to have to legit dance on a broken knee so soon after breaking it. I was constantly praying that I would be able to fight through the pain and not have to quit because of an injury out of my control.
I was sad to see Taryn leave, but I knew she was making the right decision for herself and her family. She has amazing talent and will only continue to do great things in her career.
I think I did as well as I could for the homework assignment, “We’ve Got the Beat.” My knee was killing me, but I kept trying to dance and act like nothing was wrong. I did the best I could.
I think we struggled with choreography this week because we were only focusing on ourselves and not the group. There is a fine line in this competition of focusing on you as a performer and the group as a whole, and we failed to work together. Everyone was looking out for themselves and not the group. I know I was, I wanted to win- but it was a wonderful learning experience to step back and see it’s not all about you, even in this competition.
I was stoked to be in the spin the bottle scene of the music video because it meant I would be sitting down and not up on my knee. Ha. I have no reservations doing an onstage kiss with a girl or guy. I think kissing on film and stage is different from real life. Some may disagree, but that is my opinion.
I have a great sense of intuition and I knew Charlie had a crush on Aylin, so I wasn’t surprised at all when I saw his reaction to spin the bottle. However, my girl Aylin is a spitfire and made Charlie work hard to get a kiss from her.
I was pleased with my performance in the music video. I was doing the best I could do given circumstances involving my knee. I think I could have looked out for the group better, but I was pleased and proud of myself for enduring the pain and pushing through the video shoot.
I was shocked when I found out that Dani was going home. I was speechless, hurt, confused… I wasn’t expecting her to go home this week, but seeing her leave taught me early on to expect the unexpected.
Are you Team Shanna? Check out her videos here.
- Where Are They Now: Aylin What has Glee Project Season 2 contender Aylin been up to since the finale? Check out her pics!
- Episode 210: Actability A popular star from Glee gets the group excited while guest judging “Actability” week. Emotions run deep as the contenders perform Pink’s “Perfect” for the music video.
- Meet the Contenders 12 dreams…1 role on the next season of "Glee"! Meet "The Glee Project" contenders now.
- Season 2 Recap Check out this recap of The Glee Project season 2!
- Season 1 Recap Check out the best moments from Season 1 of The Glee Project!