I was actually kind of excited for adaptability week, it sounded like it was going to be a lot of fun. I was really curious to see what they would do to try to throw us off.
As the competition goes on, I am getting more comfortable with picking up choreography, but by no means am I an expert. I was definitely worried about how last minute choreography would look, and in addition, this was a music video shoot where we had to improvise and take control of our character. I still am not the most comfortable with making my own acting choices, but I feel like I’ve improved since vulnerability. Overall, I think the shoot went well.
I guess the mentors are right; I blended into the ensemble a little too much. It’s hard to find the balance between hogging the spotlight and fading away. So I was not surprised to be in the bottom six, but I was definitely surprised that all six of us would be doing last chance performances. When I found out that we were going to be doing duets, I was secretly crossing my fingers that Blake would be my partner. It seemed to me an ideal situation to do a last chance performance.
Our performance couldn’t have gone any better. We both were on the same page in terms of how to portray the story and the harmonies we came up with sounded really great. I was really happy with both our performance and the reaction from Ryan and mentors. It was actually really exciting to do a last chance performance. The fact that Blake also made it back made it through with me as well was exciting, and I think it said a lot about our performance as a duo.
Mario impressed everyone in this competition by exceeding expectations. I know he’ll continue to be a source of inspiration.
Are you Team Nellie? Check out her videos here.
- Episode 210: Actability A popular star from Glee gets the group excited while guest judging “Actability” week. Emotions run deep as the contenders perform Pink’s “Perfect” for the music video.
- Where Are They Now: Aylin What has Glee Project Season 2 contender Aylin been up to since the finale? Check out her pics!
- Where Are They Now: Dani What has Dani been up to now since The Glee Project Season 2 finale? Check out her pics here!
- Season 1 Recap Check out the best moments from Season 1 of The Glee Project!
- Meet the Contenders 12 dreams…1 role on the next season of "Glee"! Meet "The Glee Project" contenders now.